SAP HANA has the potential to dramatically change and improve all critical enterprise functions from logistics and customer service through to marketing and finance. It enables businesses to run in real time, providing the ability to transact, analyze and predict instantly and proactively in an increasingly unpredictable world.
HANA is SAP’s new in-memory application. This technology addresses two straightforward MARKET needs: the growing urgency and need for quicker delivery of actionable information, and the challenge of managing and leveraging large and complex volumes of information. In short – faster data and bigger data.
The first concept is particularly interesting especially for an analyst covering the world of business analytics. Here’s the problem: how fast is fast enough? And moreover, what does real-time really mean? This is potentially the most industry, department, and role-dependent concept in the IT world. In the past it has gravitated towards calling it “right-time” or “business-time”, but at the end of the day what matters is – do we have the information we need, at the time we need it? This “decision window” is the key for any BI-using decision maker. However, the expectation, or the urgency around information delivery often time exceeds the ability of the system to deliver in that time frame. This increase in information urgency is one of the challenges HANA is designed to mitigate.
Organizations are taking different routes to implementation and driving business value from SAP HANA. These range from the tactical addressing of a single business process through to a full-scale transformation of end-to-end ERP systems on the SAP HANA platform.
The ability to tailor SAP HANA to meet a specific business goal or to introduce its powerful capabilities to accelerate and improve a single business process means that organizations are able to adapt their own approach according to their precise needs.
- SAP HANA pilots and proof-of-concepts.
- SAP HANA value-centred roadmaps using Porus’s Business Value Insight tool.
- Industry applications on SAP HANA bring together Porus’s assets implemented on SAP HANA technology to address a specific business challenge. Packaged as a complete solution, i.e. hardware, software and services, these can be offered on premise or as a cloud-based solution.
- Analytics and acceleration on SAP HANA makes use of the SAP HANA architecture to accelerate the performance of one or more business processes.
- SAP Business Warehouse on SAP HANA migration.
- Big Data on SAP HANA.
- SAP HANA Cloud and managed services.
- ERP on SAP HANA is a full-scale move to SAP S/4 HANA. It involves a complete application and technology refresh and transformation of existing business processes. It provides the opportunity to consolidate and renovate existing SAP implementations offering the power of the platform broadly across the whole enterprise.
Porus’s approach is flexible. We are working with clients on several approaches that can run in parallel to meet specific business goals: